Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Show & Tell Tuesdays: Grown-Up Parties




Yay! Today, I'm linking up with Andrea for Show & Tell Tuesday! Today's topic is Grown-Up Parties! 

I must say that this is a topic that I don't have a ton of experience with, but I can't wait to read everyone else's party ideas. Ben and I are constantly saying that we need to host more parties with different themes, but we seem to fail to actually put them together. Womp womp! 

The one party that we did manage to put together also happens to be our very favorite theme, and the party that we will definitely be putting back together now that we seem to be settled for a while in this house. I can't wait for December this year!! 

Ben and I got married in July 2010, and in December 2010, we hosted an UGLY CHRISTMAS SWEATER PARTY for lots of our friends. It was fabulous, and still happens to be a party that a lot of our friends talk about to this day, almost 7 years later. We had a blast! 


We had such a blast that I only managed to take this one picture! Whoops!! 

At the time, we were living in about a 700 square foot apartment, so we hosted the party at my in-law's house. We invited friends from all different parts of our lives. Some people brought finger food/appetizers and it was BYOB. It worked out perfectly! 

We didn't plan anything special or any games, etc. for the night, but when you're around your favorite people it seems like you really never need those things. We just hung out inside and outside all night and talked about anything and everything. Just talking about the party is getting me excited for planning another one! C'mon Christmas!! (jk I can't wait for summer!) 

We haven't hosted another one of these parties since then, but we did convince our home group the following year to do an ugly Christmas sweater party as our Christmas get together. It was also a blast! 



You might recognize this picture if you received a Christmas card that year...yes, Ben and I sent this one out to all our friends and family! 





No comments:

Post a Comment