Monday, June 20, 2016

We're Back!

Y'all, we are back from Hawaii and this jet lag this is FOR REAL! We got back Sunday morning after spending 12 days in Hawaii. It was absolutely beautiful and we had a great time, but I am so happy to be home. Home always feels so good, and it was a bonus that I took the time to clean the house before we left! We are trying to get back to a normal routine, but jet lag kicked our booties today. 

I sat down yesterday and planned out our meals and my workouts and was so excited to get back to a good, clean, healthy routine. Well, things didn't go as planned. Henley went down at 8:40 for bed and woke up at 1, about an hour after I finally fell asleep. We were up from 1-4. When I woke up, I thought surely my phone was wrong and the time change messed it up...it was noon. Holy cow! I don't know if I've ever slept that late in my life! Henley was still asleep too. NUTS! I finally woke her up at 12:30 after I got my workout clothes on. 

Since my scheduled workout didn't happen (I was hoping to go to boot camp at 11), I had to improvise and fit it in on my own. I got in a good amount of workouts while we were on vacation, but I was ready for an intense one today. Henley had a doctor's appointment and since I planned to skip nap, we went to the park for a little while before hitting the gym. I decided to write my own boot camp today and I thought I was going to die! I literally almost texted Ben at one point to tell him that he might be getting a call soon because I passed out at the gym. LOL 

It was super intense, but I felt awesome afterwards! I thought I would share it with you guys, just in case you needed a good sweat. Enjoy!! 


My Very Own Boot Camp 
- Warm up with a 5 minute jog 

Do all of these exercises for 1 minute. Do each exercise one after the other with very little to no break. 

Round 1
- bicycle crunches 
- plank with shoulder taps 
- frog jumps 
- mountain climbers 
- backwards lunge (left) 
- backwards lunge (right) 
- toe taps 
- burpees 
- hammer curls 
- w curls 

Do each of the following exercises tabata style - 20 seconds each with a 10 second rest in between. Go through this round twice. 

- jumping lunges 
- squat jumps 
- high knees 
- star jumps 

Round 2
- left plank
- right plank 
- skaters 
- touchdown jumping jacks 
- sumo squats 
- squats 
- right leg jumps (use a step or stairs to jump off one leg) 
- left leg jumps 
- skull crushers 
- tricep kickbacks 

Do another two rounds of the tabata style exercises. 

Round 3
- plank 
- leg lowers
 - seal jack 
- 3 high knee (each time you get to 3 high knees, double jump)
- right curtsy squat 
- left curtsy squat 
- wall jumps 
- butt kickers 
- overhead press 
- front raises 



Good luck!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment