Wednesday, July 19, 2017

39(1/2) Week Bump Date


Well friends, we've almost made it! Honestly, I didn't think we'd make it this far. I was just sure that George would come early, but here it is the Wednesday before my due date and there are zero signs of labor. 

HOW FAR ALONG: As of Monday, I was 39 weeks along...how did that happen?! Gosh, I am so ready to meet baby George! At 36 weeks, when we got back from Vail, we had a sonogram to check on George and how big he was. At that point, the sonographer estimated him to be 6.5 lbs. I told her I was starting to really feel him in my ribs and when she measured his foot, she told me she understood why I was feeling some pain...his foot was already 3 inches long. Holy cow! I feel like George is gonna be a biggin'! 



I am due on Monday and have an induction scheduled for Friday, the 28th, just in case. I went to see my doctor yesterday, and we are going to stick to our plan. She offered to induce this Friday, but I decided to just wait and see. I'm hoping he'll make his debut really soon! 

FEELING: I am definitely feeling super pregnant. I would say that I am still feeling pretty good for being due any second, but I am just really ready. I'm not sleeping very well and have officially moved to the couch for the time being. For some reason the couch feels a little bit better, but I still find myself waking up at least three times a night to either pee or readjust my back. I have also had to start sleeping with a fan blowing straight on me. 

During the day, I still feel great other than some back pain. Usually I can get to about 4 or 5 without much pain, but by the late afternoon/evening, I desperately want someone to give me an intense back massage, sit with the heating pad directly on my back or have someone walk all over it. By the end of the day, I am so ready to lay down. 

I am still feeling TONS of movement from George too. He is super active and all over the place. I swear he is all up in my ribs, but also ready to be birthed! He is everywhere! 

WEIGHT GAIN: As of Monday, I am up 26 pounds, and I feel great. My belly is absolutely ginormous! Every now and then I will look down and think, "he's not that big," but then I will catch sideview glimpse of myself in the mirror and think "whoa!" We have continued to go out on the lake and go to the pool, and y'all, I can see all the little kids staring at the "baby in my belly." Yesterday, we went to a splash pad and there were at least two kiddos who stopped in their tracks to take a gander and I have had dozens of kids come up and ask "There's a baby in your belly, right?". 



CRAVING: I don't think I'm really craving anything right now. I legit eat two watermelons a week, but I'm not sure whether it's a craving or the water in it. It's so dang hot outside right now, no food sounds awesome, but I want all the liquids and all the ice. I chew ice like it's my job! 

WORKING ON: Ohmygoodness...all the projects! I have finally gotten the house all cleaned up, but it's been a big of a challenge, because the real nester has been Ben. He has started all the projects in the past few weeks. I won't lie, it has totally stressed me out since I've hoped to go into labor for the past few weeks, but it has been worth it. He has done such a good job and once they are fully complete, we are going to love them! 

I finished repainting George's room this weekend since we tried to patch the wall and could not get the color to match. There were seriously little patched everywhere, so I did a quick repaint. Ben started demolishing our laundry room a couple of weekends ago, and as of last night, I can at least do laundry again. The house is clean and our bags are packed, so we are ready to go! 

BIG SISTER: Henley is so dang excited to meet George!! I cannot wait to see the two of them together! She talks about him all the time and loves to talk to him. She loves going into his room, read his books, and play with his toys. We recently watched the Daniel Tiger episode where he becomes a big brother and she is so excited to be my helper now. I asked her what she is going to help me with, and she told me she was going to help change his diapers. Gosh, it's just too cute!!

We are also trying to soak up every minute we have with her as our only child while we can. We went to the water park as a family a couple of weekends ago, last weekend we went to the lake and we have just been trying to spend lots of quality time together! 




WORKOUTS: Yes, I am still going to the gym and working out, but they are definitely more few and far between. On the days I might not make it to the gym, but feel good, I have been walking on our treadmill at home and lifting weights. I haven't gone to a spin class in a while, but I am still making it to bootcamp and bodyworks classes. I definitely modify lots of moves, but am still enjoying working up a sweat! 

I told myself that I would be done working out at some point, but now I feel like I am doing it to coax him out! 

Hopefully we will get to meet baby George any day now! I am so ready to meet him, and lets be honest, I am so ready to get him out! 



No comments:

Post a Comment