Thursday, April 28, 2016

What's Up Wednesday



I have been MIA for a couple of the last "What's Up Wednesday" posts, but I am happily back and so excited! The questions I'll be answering are below...lets get started!

 
1. WHAT WE'RE EATING THIS WEEK...
According to my husband, I have been queen of the crockpot lately! There are three nights a week that I am tutoring right now, so I typically don't get home any earlier than 5 or 5:30. The crockpot has helped me keep my sanity lately, and I will definitely be looking for more recipes. These are the ones that I have been using lately.
 
Salsa Chicken Tacos
All I did was put some chicken breasts in the crockpot with a packet of ranch seasoning and a bottle of salsa on high for 6 hours. I shredded the meat and had all the fixings for tacos. We actually ended up inviting the girl's family over that I tutor on that particular night and they loved them too!
 
I found this recipe on Shay's blog and Ben raved about it.
 
This recipe has always been one of my go-to's from Janetha's blog. It is delicious!
 
 
2. WHAT I'M REMINISCING ABOUT...
 
 
The end of April will always be fond to me, because that is when we found out we were pregnant with Henley. April 23rd to be exact, on a STAAR testing day. The Sunday prior was Easter and I went to bed thinking I had just eaten too many different things and was not feeling well. I woke up the next morning still feeling like crud, but picked myself up off my closet floor (literally) and went to school. I didn't feel well all day, but remember trying to nibble on some crackers and feeling a little bit better. On Tuesday I felt better, but I was ravenous all day long. I remember walking up and down the aisles of my testing kiddos and sucking on animal crackers so that they wouldn't hear me eating. On Wednesday, I went to the gym before school. I got off the elliptical to get a drink of water and sprinted down the stairs to the restroom because I thought I was going to vomit. That's when I decided I should probably buy a pregnancy test. So I did! I bought one, took it in one of the stalls at school, shoved it in my jeans so I could go pick up my testing material, visited with the coaches in the coach's office and then finally made it to my classroom where I immediately locked the door and looked at the test! I was so excited that it was positive! I was shocked! I waited all through testing and then of course, we had a soccer game that night, so I had to wait until after that too to tell Ben. When I finally made it home around 9:30, we have friends and two tvs in our living room. The STARS and the MAVS were in the playoffs, so I had to wait until those games were over too. Once everyone left, I finally handed Ben a little present that had a onesie and the test in it. He was thrilled, but just as shocked as I was!
 
 
3. WHAT I'M LOVING...
 
 
Frozen grapes is #1 on my list right now. I always need a little something after dinner, but I am also getting ready for a summer vacation to Hawaii, so frozen grapes are keeping me on track a little bit better. Don't get me wrong, I still need some chocolate or froyo in my life every now and then, but frozen grapes really hit the spot for me, especially since I am usually lacking on the water front for the day. Grapes tend to satisfy my thirst as well!
 
 
#2 is green tea. I am loving some green tea with a splash of cream and a sweet and low. I have been getting it at Ben's office from the Keurig on Monday's, so I finally went out and bought some of my own. I love the idea of coffee and a hot drink to wake me up in the morning, but I tend to only drink a few sips since it's not my favorite. Hopefully I have found my new morning routine!
 
4. WHAT WE'VE BEEN UP TO...
 
 
Lots and lots of events. We have had a presentation for a program that Ben is going through, a graduation from that program, a banquet for Refuge for Women, the LJT Festival, and a surprise birthday party. We have been go, go, go!! It has all been fun, so I can't complain, but I am ready for a little bit of a slower pace in the next coming weeks hopefully. We have also been spending as much time outside as we can!
 




 
 
5. WHAT I'M DREADING...
STAAR testing...boooooooo!!!! I know I'm not teaching anymore, but I am tutoring and I hate that I have students that are nervous about it or dreading it. It's just this dark cloud that hangs over the heads of students and teachers all year long, and I just hate it!
 
TMI, but I am also dreading my yearly exam. I feel like it has been forever since I have had to visit the doctor. It just seems weird to go without being pregnant now or having just had a baby since that is why I went for so long, but I guess I have to continue to adult. I used to just have it in my calendar and would go at the exact same time every single year, but now I actually have to think about it since things were a little off after post baby appointments. It's never as bad as I make it out to be!
 
6. WHAT I'M WORKING ON...
Organizing Henley's closet. Holy moly, I have neglected that area of the house. She has had shoes and clothes thrown everywhere. I have made things so much more manageable finally and the morning routine goes a lot smoother!
 
I am trying to Spring Clean in general I guess. One room at a time when I can and getting each little nook and cranny put together how I want it to be. Other than that, I am starting to get things together for our big trip to Hawaii in June. I will be needing your tips soon about traveling with an 18-month-old.
 
7. WHAT I'M EXCITED ABOUT...
My little sister is graduating from Baylor in a couple of weeks and I am so excited for her! I am also excited to just go back and visit Baylor. We also have a baby reveal next week that I am beside myself about! CANNOT WAIT!! We have a wedding in Dallas with old college friends this weekend and I am thrilled to see some of our best friends who we no longer live close to. Wow, it doesn't seem like things are really settling down for us, but oh well, they are all fun!
 
8. WHAT I'M READING/WATCHING...
 
OMG!! I just read the best book! The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah was so so good! I think I am going to start The Husband's Secret next.
 
Yes, I know, I am not in high school, but I needed something to mindlessly watch one day and got totally hooked!
 
9. WHAT I'M LISTENING TO...
The Needtobreathe Pandora station is my current favorite. The other day while running, I wanted to listen to Safe by Phil Wickham on repeat!
 
10. WHAT I'M WEARING...
 
I don't know why this is sideways, but oh well!
 
These shorts are my favorite right now. I have jean shorts in my closet, but one is a little large, one is a little short and the other were my post-baby jean shorts, so they are more than a little large. I have been looking for some that I really like and I love love love these! The color is awesome and the fit is wonderful too! They are from Old Navy and I am wearing them with everything from tshirts to button ups and so on.
 
I am also loving simple dresses right now. I wore one of these to a birthday party this past weekend and the other to work. They are so easy to throw on with a pair of sandals and head out the door. I see more of these in my future!
 
 
 
 
 
11. WHAT I'M DOING THIS WEEKEND...
Ben is cooking in a BBQ Cookoff in Dallas on Friday and Saturday, so we are heading that way on Friday afternoon. He is going to take my brother-in-law to a dinner there on Friday and I am going to hang out with my sister and our little ones. We are going to have a bit of a crafting day on Saturday morning/afternoon while Ben cooks and then Ben and I are attending a friend's wedding that night. It will be a busy but a very very fun weekend!
 
12. WHAT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH...
You can see "what I'm excited about" for this one! We have an exciting May!
 
13. WHAT ELSE IS NEW...
Well, we are looking for a new home for our dog, Baylor. We are so sad about it, but she is definitely not getting enough attention from us anymore. We are trying to find a loving home for our sweet dog. If you know of anyone wanting a dog, feel free to email me.
 
14. FAVORITE MOTHER'S DAY GIFT TO GIVE OR RECIEVE...
This is only my second Mother's Day as a mom, but I loved my present from last year. Ben got me a massage and a mani/pedi. It was a great gift for getting away and having some "me" time. I am always a fan of giving pictures, especially of the grandkids. They always seem to be a hit! I'm sure one day, I will love whatever Henley and our future kiddos make me. Homemade gifts are always so special!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment