Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Bump Date: 28 Weeks


In this picture, I am technically 27 weeks and 4 days. I swear, objects appear larger in real life than they appear in this picture though. We went over to a friend's house on this particular night for dinner and I was feeling HUGE. I asked Ben all sorts of questions on the way home about how I looked and he refused to put up with my antics. Thankfully, the next day, I felt back to normal, but some days I definitely feel large and in charge. Other days, I feel like I just have a bowling ball in my belly. For the most part though, I still LOVE being pregnant and feel great, so I will take that as a huge win! 


HOW FAR ALONG: As of today, I am 28 weeks and 2 days. For some reason, 28 weeks seems so far along to me! Saying 28 weeks makes me feel like we are really close to nearing the end of this pregnancy. I'm sure I won't be saying that come June when it is blazing hot and I am beyond ready to meet George, but right now, it feels like we are so close! 

According to my apps (I use The Bump and Sprout, and love them.) George is about 14 inches long and weighs about 2 pounds. He is about the size of an eggplant. Gosh, that seems large! One night last week when Ben was out of town, I happened to be looking at all sorts of baby things on my computer and my email from The Bump popped up with the fact that we had 90 days left, and I all of a sudden needed to get all the things done! When you put it in days instead of weeks, that doesn't seem like long at all! 

FEELING: I am still feeling great! I have yet to get sick during pregnancy which I consider a big win considering my family's history. I have felt super normal for the most part and have even had to remind myself I'm pregnant every now and then. The third trimester tiredness has definitely kicked in though. I have definitely felt just a little bit slower these past couple of weeks, and the need for some rest has been much more present. I could possibly attribute that to an incredibly busy schedule as well, so maybe when things start slowing down (I don't think they will, but we can cross our fingers), I will get some energy back. We'll see! 

Braxton Hicks have for sure been a thing in the past few weeks or so. I don't remember ever having them with Henley. In fact, I remember being worried that when I went into labor with her that I wouldn't know what a contraction felt like, and I really didn't until they got much bigger. This time around, I definitely know what they feel like. Along with getting kicked like crazy, I am also experiencing some major Braxton Hicks on an almost daily basis. They are for real! 

WEIGHT GAIN: As of my last appointment, I believe I've gained about 18 pounds. I go back to the doctor next week, and then start seeing her every 2 weeks (so crazy), so I'll have a better idea of my weight gain then. The truth is, I really haven't paid much attention to my weight this pregnancy. I don't really remember what my starting weight was, so I am kind of guesstimating. I didn't make it a big deal for Henley's pregnancy and felt like I had a really healthy attitude towards weight gain and weight loss, so I am trying to do the same. There are definitely days when the whole getting bigger thing gets the best of me, but for the most part, it doesn't phase me...hallelujah! 

CRAVING: I really haven't craved anything since the first trimester. In fact, this past week, allergies have hit me like whoa and I really haven't even had much of an appetite. Of course, chips and salsa always sound good to this Texas girl, but I don't necessarily crave it. 

I am loving cheese, pretzels, yogurt and just little snacks here and there for lunch. I've never been a huge lunch fan, and am enjoying just having little meals throughout the day right now. I have been drinking protein shakes as well that satisfy me. I feel like I entered the "get full really fast phase" pretty early, so I try not to eat big meals right now. I seem to just need little bits here and there throughout the whole day. 

WORKING ON: We are working on what I call the "new baby shuffle" all over the house. I am trying to organize every nook and cranny as well as get Henley's big girl room done so we can then start on the nursery. Over the past couple weeks, we have really been working hard on Henley's big girl room. Ben and I finished putting together her big girl bed (big reveal coming soon) over the weekend, and I am still working on redoing the dresser in her room. Once the blinds or shutters are on the windows, we will move her in and then get to work on the nursery. I am so excited to see both rooms come together! 

BIG SISTER: 


Big sister is doing great and still so so excited about becoming a big sister! She LOVES to read her "big sister books" and talk about her little brother. Henley is even putting her hand on my belly every now and then to feel George kick. It is just the sweetest thing!! 

I am finding myself soaking up this time with her and trying to make lots and lots of memories. I cannot wait for the weather to continue warming up and for summer to get here! We had so much fun swimming and going to water parks last summer, and "being a fishy" is all Henley can talk about right now. We start swim lessons at the end of the month, and then I anticipate lots and lots of pool time for the two of us! 

WORKOUTS: My workout routine is still going really well! I am so happy to be doing my usual workouts with just a few modifications here and there. I came home on Monday though and told Ben that I definitely felt different at the gym. I felt heavier and like I wouldn't be able to keep up the intensity of some of my workouts for much longer. Don't get me wrong, I will keep going to the gym, but I have a feeling I will be modifying more and more from here on out. A couple weeks ago, my boot camp class did sprints at one point and, of course, I thought there was no reason why I couldn't do them...BIG MISTAKE! I legit felt like George might fall out for the rest of the day! 

For the most part, my workouts still look like this: 
Monday - boot camp
Tuesday - spin
Wednesday - body works 
Thursday - spin or body works 
Friday - off or workout on my own (usually the elliptical for about 45 min with some weights) 
Saturday - spin or off 
Sunday - always off




Just for reference, this was me at 28 weeks with Henley! 







1 comment:

  1. I'm right behind you at 27 weeks and its funny, because we are having a boy for our second and I feel pretty much everything you described!! I keep wondering how I'm going to get everything done in such a short time!!

    ReplyDelete