Tuesday, September 12, 2017

My Favorite Baby Items

I have so many friends right now who are pregnant and have asked me what should be on their baby registry. I thought it would be easiest to compile my list in a blog post, so anyone could see it. These are just my top favorites. We registered for much more than the items I have listed below. The best website I found to help me register (because with Henley, I had zero idea what I needed) was LuciesList.com. She goes through every single item you could possibly need and shows different price options and ranks them. It was so so helpful!

I did not rank all of the items we have like LuciesList, but these are my personal favorites so far. I'm sure I will have different items that I love along the way as George and Henley grow.

In no particular order: 

- Milk Snob Nursing and Carseat Cover 


I 110% hated nursing in public with Henley. I had just a regular nursing cover that flies away, and I could never figure out how to nurse Henley, unstrap my bra, pull my shirt up, etc. without showing the whole world all my business. I spent a lot of time on a toilet or in the car nursing and was always so annoyed that I was missing out on the fun. I cannot say enough fabulous things about the Milk Snob nursing cover. We have also used it to cover the carseat which is fabulous, but I am endorsing it for the nursing cover alone! It covers your back and is such a soft, stretchy material, that I have been able to easily nurse anywhere and everywhere. Seriously...week 2, I was standing up walking around Carters while Henley tried on shoes and nursing sweet George. I may even order another one for myself just because. You never know when one will be in the washing machine and the patterns are just too dang cute to pass up! 

- Diaper Bag/Backpack


I had a SkipHop shoulder diaper bag with Henley, and while I loved it and still have it, I knew I wanted a backpack this time around. I saw this diaper bag before I was even pregnant and wanted to buy it so bad. I resisted and when I found out I was pregnant, I put it on my registry. I did not get it from anyone else, and my rule is if I'm still thinking about it months down the road, I should buy it, so I bought it. I love it!! Not only is it adorable, but it holds everything I need for both George, myself and Henley perfectly, and you can't beat being handsfree! 

- SwaddleMe Swaddles 



These were a MUST for me this go 'round! I needed some boy swaddles since the ones we had from Henley were all pink and that wasn't going to fly. These were a lifesaver with Henley! Ben is an expert swaddler, but I am definitely not. I did not want to have to wake him up every time I needed George to be reswaddled, and it just gets annoying to constantly redo the swaddle every time they are able to get an arm out. Henley started sleeping through the night the minute we starting using these, and George does fabulous with them as well. They are so easy to use and the fabric is so soft. I have taken one to the hospital with us for each baby and they all get lots of good use! 

Rock n Sleep 


This thing has been drug around every room of our house, taken outside and hauled to many different houses. It has gotten so much use and is so worth the purchase! I love that is just collapses and can easily go in the car when you need to travel with it, and it is so lightweight that I have no trouble carrying all around the house or outside when Henley is playing. I have many friends whose kids have slept in this and they love it. Ours have never done nighttime in this because we have a bassinet, but we love it for naps or just to put the baby in while we're eating dinner or getting something done. 

Boppy Lounger




This has also been hauled all over the place! I carry it from room to room when I am trying to get myself and Henley ready. It has sat on our kitchen table during dinner and been outside under lots of shade as well. I was gifted the Doc-a-tot as well, and I cannot wait to use it. I figure we will be using it in the near future when we travel and need a place for George to sleep. I would assume if you have the Doc-a-tot, you probably don't need the Boppy Lounger, but we had the lounger from Henley, so we have used it again. 

Bassinet


Gosh I love this bassinet even if it does take up a whole lot of room in our tiny master bedroom. This bassinet has been in our family for over 100 years. My Mamaw used it and has passed it down to all of us. My sisters and I have handed it off many times. It just goes back and forth to our houses based on who is having a baby next. I love the sentimental value it holds, and I love that we are all using something that was so important to Mamaw. 

Burt's Bees Baby Wash



One of my friends got me this when I was having Henley, and I just couldn't get over how good it smelled. I ended up not buying it after we ran out because we had so much other baby wash from other people, but it was one thing I HAD TO HAVE when I had George. I love smelling the top of his little head after bath time! 

4Moms MamaRoo Swing 


I have absolutely loved having this swing! It doesn't take up a ton of space and my little ones have loved it. I tend to use it more during the day for naps with my newborns and it works perfectly. George loves to be all swaddled up and laid in the swing with the sounds playing. He sleeps for hours in the afternoon. I also love that you can adjust the tilt on the swing, so it can be used for a while. Henley would still love to get in it, but I have drawn the line! 

Levana Baby Movement Monitor and Alarm



This gives me so much piece of mind. We used it with Henley and loved it, so we are using it again with George. All you have to do is clip to their diaper and it monitors their breathing. If the little clip doesn't move for a certain amount of time, an alarm will go off. I definitely need something to help me sleep better at night with my little ones and this is the perfect solution if you do not want to pay the hefty price tag of the Owlet. Don't get me wrong, we have said that we would for sure pay for something more if we felt we needed it, but this works great for us. 

Burp Cloths


My sisters just so happen to be fabulous at sewing, so with both my babies, they have made me some fabulous burp cloths. I love these! 

Blankets




I have a lot of different blankets for my babies, and I love them all. My absolute favorites are: 

Gymboree - These blankets are so amazingly soft. They have the cutest prints and the colors are so vibrant and keep wash after wash. 

Sister made - Again, one of my sisters has made me a blanket for each kiddo and they are fabulous! They have a cute fabric on one side and minky on the other. My kids love them! 

Etsy - my sister-in-law has gotten me an amazing blanket for both Henley and George off Etsy. She has used the colors of their rooms, and customized it with their names. It is an amazing winter blanket, because it is so thick and soft. 

Aden & Anais - I love these blankets, because we have used them as swaddle blankets, carseat covers, nursing covers and everything in between. They are so light that they are great in the Texas heat! 

Wubba Nub Pacifiers

That little green thing is a froggie wubba nub. 


Henley would only take the MAM brand of pacifier from the moment she was born until last week (because we have kicked the paci habit...what what!!). George does not seem to like any paci at all, but when I can sneak one in, it is the wubba nub. Now, some people swear by these things, and I'm just going to be completely honest(yes, I have been this whole time), I like them the most because they are just so darn cute! 

A Good Pump

I used the Medela pump with Henley and absolutely loved it! Since you can get a new pump each pregnancy covered by insurance, I thought I would look at a new one this time around. I went with the Spectra 2, and so far, I love it. I got this one because it is chargeable and does not have to be plugged in anywhere to be used. Hallelujah! I hated trying to find a plug to pump each time. The Spectra 2 is super small, so it is easy to carry around, and super easy to use. I highly recommend either pump! 

Angelcare Bath



Last time around, I used the normal blue bath tub with the mesh insert, and while it worked great and we had no problems, I am loving the Angelcare bath so much more. For one, we have already had a poop in the bath incident and it is so much easier to simply wash off the baby tub and bleach the big bath than trying to get that mess out of the mesh. Yuck! It also takes up a lot less room in the tub, so sweet Henley is able to easily take a bath with her baby brother. Since this has become her favorite event of the day (she legit asks for a bath constantly), it is fabulous that she can be in there with all her toys and still be a mermaid while George just chills! 

Changing Stations Throughout the House 

I highly recommend doing this if you are about to have a baby. Before both kids were born, I created little changing stations in different areas of our house. I simply got a container to hold things (TJ Maxx always has great ones) and filled it up with the essentials: diapers, wipes, pacis, diaper cream, lotion, etc. We obviously have the changing table in George's room, but we also have a basket in the living room, in our bedroom and in one of the halls in the house. It helps tremendously to just be able to grab things wherever we are. 


Other things I LOVE: 

- The birth announcements my mom cross stitches for each baby

I have to get George's framed still. 


- Our baby trend sit and stand stroller (this is for two kids)

- Our BOB running stroller with the snack tray/car seat attachment

- Our Chicco Keyfit 30 carseat (I highly recommend getting two bases)

- Out gliding recliner from Buy Buy Baby 



This recliner has gotten so much use out of it! 

We have loved this carseat! 











3 comments:

  1. I get so many compliments on my Milk Snob cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parents of two children with just a bit of an age gap between them might find a sit and stand stroller handy in a lot of going-outside situations.
    You can use a sit and stand stroller 2019 when you’re taking your kids out for grocery shopping,
    a walk in the park or to the neighbors next door. A sit and stand stroller can accommodate both your kids while offering you the peace of mind you need to enjoy these moments with your kids.
    Great Job guy! Keep Up the excellent Work!!!

    ReplyDelete