Tuesday, September 26, 2017

What We're Watching

It's that time of year when all the shows come back on! Growing up, especially in college with all my girlfriends, this time of year was the absolute best! There is nothing I love more than plopping down on the couch for a good show after a long, tiring day! 

Since I see so many posts on Facebook asking for new shows to watch, I thought it would be fun to share the shows that I (and we) watch right now. The shows that I watch during the day are very different from the shows that Ben and I watch together, so there will be a good variety. I watch shows that I don't actually have to watch since I'm either cleaning or doing laundry while they're on. I'd love to hear what y'all are watching too! 

FYI: The shows we watch these days aren't always on regular tv. Ben and I cancelled our cable earlier this year, so we mostly find shows on Netflix or on an app on our Roku or Apple TV. 

Shows I watch during the day: 

The Real Housewives of Dallas 


Y'all, I grew up in Dallas, and it was not like this! I just can't look away from the ladies and their ridiculous drama! 

The Real Housewives of Orange County 


I'm pretty sure it's the same with all the housewives...drama, drama, drama. Again, I just can't stop! 

Flipping Out 


I literally cannot get enough of this show! I have watched this since it first started and the whole cast just cracks me up! Zoila legit used to make me cry from laughing so hard! Jeff may not be the most fun person to work for, but he is absolutely hilarious, and I love his dynamic with each person on the show. 

Girlfriends Guide to Divorce 


What can I say? I'm just addicted to Bravo! These five friends are all so different, and I love each of their stories. There is so much going on in each episode, but for the most part it stays pretty light. The show is starting to dig into some deeper issues, and I am loving it even more. 

Fuller House 


The other day I was folding laundry and turned on Netflix. This was the first thing to pop up, and it said there was a new season. How could I not watch an episode? When I don't have a Bravo show to watch, you can find me back in the Tanner/Fuller house. 

Shows I watch with Ben: 

Ozark 


We are only on episode 2, but I am really liking this show. Jason Bateman is phenomenal and I can't wait to see where this show goes. I have heard nothing but fabulous things from everyone about it! 


Bloodline 


This show is addicting! We are on the last season, and I just need to know how everything unfolds. This is a little bit of a darker show, but you just can't stop watching. I am finally able to just watch one episode at a time, but when we first started, we were going to bed so late. The plot of Bloodline just pulls you right in. 

Sneaky Pete  


Ben found this on Amazon the other day when we couldn't watch any of our regular shows, because I had fallen asleep during all of them and needed to catch up. This is totally normal in our house. It drives him nuts! Anyway, this show is beyond addicting and is so good! 

Last Chance U 


I'm pretty sure I have told everyone that I have come in contact with over the last couple of weeks to watch this show. It is about a junior college in Mississippi where really talented athletes go for their last chance. It's a documentary and follows the team, the coaches and the academic advisor to the athletes. You just end up falling in love with so many of them and wanting to know more about their stories. 


The Pacific 


I love history and this show does an awesome job documenting part of WWII in the Pacific. At the very beginning of each episode, it will introduce real people and their stories, but then it becomes just a show, not a documentary. It is really really good! 

This Is Us


I'm pretty sure I don't even have to explain why we watch this show, since all of America seems to be watching it! We LOVE this show! 

Grey's Anatomy 


Ben doesn't actually watch this with me, but I love love love it! I binge watched the early seasons a few years ago and got all caught up. I totally thought that they wouldn't be able to keep the show going and come up with more amazing plots, but they just keep doing it. Each week is so different, but so good! 



Right now, Sundays and Mondays are always reserved for football. I LOVE IT!! I just can't wait for the weather to cooperate, so I can throw on my sweats instead of shorts and cuddle up on the couch while we watch. 

We really only watch one maybe two episodes of a show at night, but we change things up a lot! 





1 comment:

  1. I loved Ozark! I also love love love This Is Us, but still haven't watched the first episode yet!! Hopefully tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete