Monday, January 25, 2016

#GOALS

I have never been super into New Year's Resolutions, but I do usually make a few goals for the year. The problem is that I usually make too many for the entire year, so I don't continually look at them and forget about them. This year, I'm doing something different...



I purchased my first Erin Condren planner and LOVE the blank pages at the beginning of each month for monthly goals. Each month is so much easier for me to keep up with and I feel like it's a more attainable goal. I can look back at the end of each month and see how I did, and then if I need to continue working on a specific goal, make note of that for the next month. I'm hoping that this will help me achieve a few more things this year and make some necessary changes.

So without further ado, here is a run down of my goals for January 2016!
 
 

 

1. Wake up at 7:00 - This one seems so ridiculous to me since I used to wake up at 4:45 or 5:00 every morning to workout before work, but this whole stay-at-home mom thing has really got me off my game. Although I enjoyed some extra sleep, I was really frustrated with how little quiet time I had and how I felt like I was always rushing from one thing to another, never really put together. This goal has been a total success!! I have been getting up about 7:00 every morning, even the weekends. I have felt so much more in control with everything and have LOVED getting to spend each morning doing a quiet time. Next month, I'm shooting for an even earlier wake-up call!

2. Do I want to start blogging? - This one has obviously been a success! I have debated back and forth for forever about whether or not I wanted to commit to blogging, and I finally did it! Yay yay yay yay yay!!

3. Be more intentional with moms - I wouldn't say that I have done a fabulous job with this one yet, but it hasn't been a total failure. Ben and I have gotten more involved in our church and are actually going to dinner at a couple's house tonight. I still have a ways to go here, but baby steps right? I'm not the best at opening up or putting myself out there with friends, but since most of my best friends don't live near me and aren't moms, I feel like I really need to start making some new friends.

4. Take Henley to different activities/play times - Again, I wouldn't say this one has been an absolute success, but it definitely hasn't been a total failure. To my defense, the library doesn't get back on their regular schedule until this week, and that is one place I would like to take Henley. This goal kind of piggy backs on #3, so I've got to get that one in gear. Henley gets play time with other kids everyday at the gym, but I would also like to take her other places. We did go to an hour of playtime at a local gymnastics place this month and Ben and I took her to the play area at the mall. The mall wasn't my favorite though because there are always too many big kids. They are pretty wild and crazy and this last time, Henley was sat on by a little girl. She didn't really recover, so we had to leave shortly after.

I mean, who wouldn't want to hang out with this kid?!

 

5. Spend time reading the Bible daily - TOTAL SUCCESS!!!! Before my Bible study started back up, I was going to ifequip.com each morning and doing the I AM study. Now that I am back in the Bible study, I am spending time doing it each morning. I am loving this time each morning!!



6. Read more, phone less - Success! I have definitely started reading more. I have to admit something...it is super embarrassing, especially as a former English teacher...I have had to recheck my book from the library 3 times. So sad!! I have finally gotten back into reading it and with some extra time on the elliptical, I am almost done. I have also been reading For the Love at night before bed and am obsessed! I am really not on my phone during the day (hello toddler), but I am on it for a long time at night trying to catch up on instagram. I feel like I have done a much better job of finding balance, but there is still some effort to be made there.

 

7. Marriage goals with Ben - Unfortunately, we have not done this yet. I am hoping that we can find a day next month that we can carve out for this time. A couple of my friends said they did this with their husbands and it was amazing. I believe it's recommended to get out of town for a day or a weekend, but hopefully we can just have a babysitter for a day and knock it out. Crossing my fingers for next month.

8. Less TV - I'm not sure I can say that this was a success at all. Ben and I aren't staying up as late, so I guess we're succeeding a little bit, but I think we could still cut back. Lets just say that Making a Murderer totally consumed our lives for 2 days last weekend!

9. Find a cleaning plan and stick to it - Well, I did find a cleaning plan, but I haven't really stuck to it. I have done a better job at cleaning a little bit each day though and am so happy with the effort. I am way less overwhelmed and have more time to spend with Ben and Henley on the weekends. Plus, less nagging for Ben on the weekends. Double success!!


So I would say for the most part, things were a success this month! A few will be finding their way into my calendar for February, so hopefully I can make them a TOTAL success soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment