Thursday, February 25, 2016

What's Up Wednesday


I love getting to post about what is going on in our neck of the woods (a little late)! Hopefully I'll look back on these and reminisce about this time in our lives. Feel free to join me and comment about what is going on with you!




The last Wednesday of the month, I'll be answering these questions.


And today's bonus question is... WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE EASTER TRADITION? Lets get started!



1.    WHAT WE'RE EATING THIS WEEK...
Ever since we got back from New Orleans, I feel like I'm running on empty. Things have been absolutely nuts with our schedules, I feel like I am constantly one step behind on house stuff and now Henley has a double ear infection (so extra cuddles). I feel like a mess! All that to say, we are having super easy dinners this week...as in frozen pizzas, ready to make tortellini, skillet lasagna and a night of Ben on the grill.

2.    WHAT I'M REMINISCING ABOUT...
I think we got out first "winter" day yesterday! I am still wishing we could get just one snow day. I am all about the cozy days that force me to slow down. I don't think we are going to get one this year, but a girl can dream.

Henley's first snow day in her fleece-lined jeans!


I also can't wait for Henley's second Easter! Her Easter basket is already filled (by the Easter bunny, of course), and I can't wait for this year's Easter Egg Hunt!

Last Easter



3.    WHAT I'M LOVING...
Every season I feel like we have gone through this awkward phase for Henley with shoes. She needs the next size up, but I don't really want to buy a new pair when the weather is changing and she won't be about to wear them for long. I have been looking at Target for some cute transition shoes for her, but they never have her size. I was there by myself this Sunday (can I get an amen?!) and check again, and I finally found the right size hidden in the back. I am loving these shoes! I am also loving the ones I snagged for myself!




And how cannot I not love some new jellies!! Henley has always had a pair of jellies to wear for the warmer weather, so we grabbed her two for the summer and she got to wear them this weekend! LOVE!!


4.    WHAT WE'VE BEEN UP TO...
Last weekend we had the BEST weekend at the zoo! Apparently, in January and February the price is only $5, so we took advantage of that since it was 70+ degrees outside. We had such a great day! Henley loved the time she got to spend with her cousins, aunts (minus Martie) and uncles. She also loved getting to see all of the animals and other things going on around her. She was hysterical trying to make some of the sounds, and she could not get enough of the kids water area. It was the perfect day!




I love days where you come home absolutely warn out in a good way! Henley even skipped her usual nap time and rallied with the troops to stay awake the whole time we were there. She totally crashed the moment we put her in the car.


5.    WHAT I'M DREADING...
I love a good closet cleanout, but I hate hauling the boxes out from our storage and the mess that ensues right after. I'm assuming we'll be putting away our winter clothes pretty soon and getting out the summer ones. I don't know how y'all do it, but I have a tub for Ben and a tub for myself for all of our out-of-season clothes. It's kind of a mess at first getting all of the new clothes out and the old clothes in, but it so helps with space saving.


6.    WHAT I'M WORKING ON...
Well, I started going into the office as the Ranchman Properties Assistant this week. I'm really only going in on Mondays from 8-12, and then I'll work from home for the rest of the week. I'm by their office pretty much everyday, so I can go in as needed too. I will say that I really enjoyed it this week. I like having an extra purpose and putting my professional hat back on!



7.    WHAT I'M EXCITED ABOUT...
I'm super excited about Easter, but I am also excited about Spring Break! We don't have any big plans this year, but I think my sisters and I might head up to the farm and just enjoy a few days of relaxation. Any time spent with family where there are lots of kids, talking, cooking and relaxing sounds like a good time to me!

My nieces a few Easters ago



8.    WHAT I'M WATCHING/READING...
I was in an in between stage for a couple of days last week while I waited for my new book to come in the mail, so I grabbed a couple of magazines at the grocery store. I always need some elliptical reading material! My mom used to subscribe to People magazine, and my sisters and I absolutely loved Fridays, especially in the summer time. Now, it feels like such a treat when I buy one!


In New Orleans, Ben and I decided that we wouldn't watch tv at night for a while. It has been really nice actually, and we have done lots of reading, going to bed earlier, talking and getting things done. We also took a break from the Bachelor this season, but with social media, I got sucked back in. I have been catching up on it with the ABC app during the day. Also, Ben and I are loving getting caught up on OJ vs. The People on the weekends. Can someone please explain to me how he was found innocent?????


9.    WHAT I'M LISTENING TO...
Janae posted this playlist last week and I am loving it. She titled it her "calm" playlist and that was just what I needed at the time. I had lots of cleaning to do, and I wanted something that would help me get things done. I am listening to it all the time now!


10.    WHAT I'M WEARING...
I got the perfect basic tees and tank tops at H&M in New Orleans last week! I am wearing the tanks non-stop and I loved wearing one of the tees to the zoo. They are super comfy and I have a feeling they will all be a spring/summer staple!

I have on one of the shirts with a tank underneath. I was comfy all day long!


11.    WHAT I'M DOING THIS WEEKEND...
We have the annual Keller Williams banquet for Ben on Friday. I love going to this every year. It is a chance to get all dolled up and see people we love, but might not get to see all the time. We have such a good time every year. Other than that, I don't think we have much going on. Ben is super busy at work right now and has another event on Sunday, so I have a feeling that Henley and I will do lots of playing. What can I say...my best friend is a 14-month-old!

Last year's banquet


12.    WHAT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH...
It's March!! I just love March even if there is nothing going on, but just because it is the start of spring! Flip flops, shorts, and all of Henley's cute spring clothes! I can't wait!

I am also looking forward to birthdays - my niece, Charlotte, turns 5, and my sister, Christie, turns 30! I love celebrating birthdays!

13.    WHAT ELSE IS NEW...
I think we covered it all...Henley currently has a double ear infection, but she is such a champ. I only knew because she had a low grade fever yesterday and was a little whiney. Then I tried cleaning out her ears and things escalated. Other than that, she has been an angel. Even after the doctor (before antibiotics because I couldn't open the dang bottle), she was back to her giggly self!


14.    WHAT IS MY FAVORITE EASTER TRADITION...
Growing up it was going out to my Mamaw and Papaw's farm and having a big Easter Egg hunt. There were so many places to hide those eggs and we always had the best day out there with cousins and family. Now, it is going over to my sister's house with all of my nieces and nephews and watching them do the Easter Egg hunt! This year, Henley will get to participate! I doubt she'll have any idea what is going on, but she can walk and she will just love all of the chaos!

No comments:

Post a Comment