Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Show & Tell Tuesday: The Way to My Heart

 
 
 
I missed the first two Show & Tell Tuesdays of the year, but I am so excited to join this link-up. I read all of the posts from last year, and cannot wait to participate. It is so fun to read posts from other moms and get a glimpse into their world. So, to get this party started, today is a look at THE WAY TO MY HEART!
 
 
Well, first of all, I am a sucker for my kiddo and my nieces and nephews. These kids don't have to do much to find the way to my heart. Hugs, giggles, and asking me to play with them is a pretty simple way to my heart. These kiddos have got me wrapped around their little fingers!
 
Forever and always, I will spoil these kids...and the ones to come!
 
There are lots of ways to my heart really. It's the little things for me. I guess there are two things that mean the most to me... 1. knowing that someone is truly listening to the things that I say and 2. someone making an effort to let me know that they are thinking about me or care about me. Both can be done in a number of different ways.
 
- picking something up that I like even though I didn't ask for it
- surprising me with my favorite drinks (Sonic Vanilla Coke Zero or coffee on a day I really need it)
- getting me a gift that I have just mentioned in passing
- getting me something that I would never buy for myself
- cleaning up the house, doing laundry, just helping me out without any prompting
- letting me talk and talk and talk about something I'm excited about and joining in the conversation like you really care
- letting me watch my favorite shows even if you have no interest
- knowing what I do and don't like at restaurants and being able to order for me
- giving me even just 10 minutes to myself sometimes without any interruptions
- loving my family or just being sweet and making an effort with them
- singing at the top of your lungs with me
- spending uninterrupted time with Henley and me doing the things we love
- loving on my Henley
 
 
I don't think I've actually ever done the love language test, but if I had to guess, mine would be gifts and words of affirmation. I am a gift giver. I love finding things that I know someone would just love and getting it for them no matter the occasion. I guess I desire that in return. I love to know that someone has listened to what I have said and is thinking of me.
 
 
So, that's the way to my heart!
 
 
I'd love to hear what the way to your heart is. With Valentine's Day coming up, maybe I should share your comments with your loved ones!
 
 
The next topic for Show & Tell Tuesdays is Favorite Pinterest Pins. I can't wait for that one! If you are interested in knowing what's coming up this year, a list of topics is below.
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment