Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Stranded!


I am loving the series that Shay and Erika came up with called "Stranded With!" If you didn't catch my last post about what I would take from my medicine cabinet, click here

Today I'm sharing what three books I would take with me if I were deserted on an island. Oh, I love books!! These books would need to be books that I could read over and over again. 

I wish I could say that I would take books that would help me survive on that deserted island, but I would probably just give up on that the moment we were deserted, so that's a no. Hopefully I'll be deserted with Ben and he can use the degree he got, Church Recreation (yes, that's real), and help me start fires and get off the darn island! 

The three books that immediately came to mind that I would be fine with reading over and over again are: 


Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers has always been the first book that comes to mind when someone asks me my favorite book. I have already read it twice and have had an itch recently to read it again. I think about this book often and talk to people about it all the time, so I think it would be a fabulous one for me to take. 


The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah has recently become one of the absolute best books that I have ever read. I finished it last month and I think that I could read it a thousand more times! The story and the characters keep me so involved in the book, and I would love to get to know them again! I have read many books by Kristin Hannah and they never seem to disappoint. This one though, was beyond amazing!! 


Last but certainly not least, The Bible. Hopefully I will be deserted with a pen as well, because the English teacher in me will definitely need to be making notes while I read! The Bible is one of my books of choice because, lets be real, I will never understand everything in it, so I need to read it over and over again. If I was deserted with the Bible, I would finally read it cover to cover. This is my goal for next year, so hopefully I can get it read before I am ever deserted as well. 

I would love to hear what three books you would take with you. Feel free to leave a comment. Can't wait to discuss the next topic, Netflix series! Here is a list of the topics coming up. 




No comments:

Post a Comment