Friday, January 13, 2017

Friday Favorites


Who else just wants to stay snuggled up on the couch on this fabulous Friday and watch movies?! I doubt that will actually happen with a two year old running around, but a girl can dream! At least I can sit down with a hot cup of tea and share my Friday Favorites with you! Enjoy! 

Blue Apron Meals 

Can I get an amen?! If you haven't tried Blue Apron meals, I highly recommend it. We do not sign up for them every week, but I needed a little kick in the pants at the beginning of January to start cooking good meals again, and it totally did the trick! 


These are the three meals that came in the mail the first week of January and we loved every single one of them. Now, that has not always been the case. I have a picky husband, so if the picture just doesn't look appetizing, he's not really into it, but that was not the case with these. He loved them all! We even broke out a previous Blue Apron meal (because I save the recipe cards of the ones we like) this week. 

Oh, I can't forget this...Blue Apron has gotten Ben into the kitchen!! I mean, he has always come into the kitchen in the middle of my cooking and had an opinion (drives me nuts), but since we started getting Blue Apron every now and then, he volunteers to cook dinner. IT IS GLORIOUS!! 

Elin Hildebrand's Winter Street  Book Series 



I read Winter Street during Christmas and totally fell in love. Right after I finished it, I jumped on Amazon and ordered the next two books in the series. Winter Stroll  arrived at the end of last week, and as of Wednesday, I am finished with it. Again, I loved it! Ugh! I ordered Winter Storms at the same time that I ordered Winter Stroll, but it won't be in for some reason until the end of the month. It's killing me!! 

I highly recommend this series by Elin Hildebrand. I just love the story line and I love all of the characters in the family. It's really hard for me to put the books down, because instead of chapters, the book is broken up by characters, and I am always wanting to know what is going on in each character's life. Oh, they are just so good! 

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser


Yes, I am very aware of how lame I sound right now, and I am totally fine with it! Y'all, these things are legit miracle workers! While Henley was at school on Monday, I went to town on our baseboards. While Ben may not notice how squeaky clean and white they now are, I definitely do, and I feel like the house just look so much cleaner! Yes, I'm lame! 

2017 Goals 

Earlier this week I shared my goals for the year, and I loved hearing some of your responses to them. Apparently, some of us share a few! I am super excited about trying to keep up with all of my goals for 2017. They all seem very accomplishable (is that a word?), so I am going to do my best to keep up with them and keep you updated. 


After posting them on Wednesday, I made a yummy, healthy meal for the family for dinner and shared Henley's plate on Instagram. It felt so good knowing I was giving her a nutritious meal, and bonus...she loved it! 

This...no words needed!! 




Happy Friday everyone!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment