Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Show & Tell Tuesday: Advice to My High School Self


Today I'm joining Andrea's link-up for Show and Tell Tuesdays, and today is ADVICE TO YOUR HIGH SCHOOL SELF. 

Ok friends, lets just be real and say that this list could go on forever. I'll try to just go with the most important advice, but if I could go back, I would have a lot to say to myself in high school. I liked high school, but I can't say that it was my favorite time in my life. My high school Young Life leader hit the nail on the the head when he saw me after a semester in college and said, "I always knew you weren't a high school girl. You're a college girl." 

College was my jam! High school was good and all, but I finally came into my own in college and am so thankful for that. Life got so much easier! 

So here we go...

- Quit worrying so much about how people feel about you. You don't have to change your opinions when you're around other people. If they're your friends, they'll love you for you. You don't need to please everyone. Enjoy the people who love you and don't worry about what everyone else is doing! 

- Be nice to your family! It doesn't matter what is going on in the other relationships in your life, you need your family and they love you the most. Don't take everything out on them! 

- Quit investing so much in your boyfriend! Ditch him every once in a while and go hang out with the girls! Oh man...this one is HUGE for me! I so wish that I would have skipped hanging out with my boyfriend more often and gone to those fun girl's nights or just made plans with friends. 

- Respect other relationships...yes, your closest friend might be a guy, but you've always got to respect his girlfriend just like you would want them to respect your relationship with your boyfriend. 

- Open up dang it!! You're never going to be totally comfortable in your own skin until you have other people who know all your SH!*! If no one knows everything that's going on in your life, then you'll always be uncomfortable around everyone. 

- DANCE!!! You will have so much fun with your friends and all the people around you. Plus, it's a place where no one cares what anyone else looks like! Y'all, I never danced at a single dance in high school. Mostly because the guy I dated never wanted to, but oh man did I miss out. When I got to college, I danced! I love dancing!

- And...try new things, not just the things you know you'll be good at or you know that you'll make. If you want to try out for the Wranglers or go back to cheerleading or volleyball, JUST DO IT!! 



Amen!! 





2 comments:

  1. Such a great advice! I think we should put all of these posts together and publish a quick little guide for HS women! Wouldn't that be fabulous?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I am constantly telling my husband that I hope our daughter and future kids are super busy with sports or something, so they are not interested in all the things that will get them into trouble! I would love for my little girl to be able to read everyone's advice one day!

      Delete