Wednesday, August 3, 2016

What's In My Pool Bag

One thing that I have learned after becoming a mom is that going to the pool, lake, beach, etc. is a bit of a process. Last summer I would get so frustrated when we would go to the pool or the lake last minute and I frantically threw everything into a bag. Then, I would end up with a mess in my laundry room when we got back. This summer I was determined to streamline the process and make things a whole lot easier. I am happy to say that I think I have accomplished that! 

I'm sure there are many of you that also share in this struggle, so I thought I would share how I do the pool and what is in my pool bag. 


Let's break things down:


I bought the pail and things in it at Ikea a while back and they are always a huge hit with the kiddos. They have come in handy many times when the adults want to chat on the side of the pool while the kids play! The other toys are things that I picked out of the bathtub one day and they have just stayed in the bag. 



I got this drawstring bag in the Target dollar section and it has come in handy a number of times. I keep the bug spray and aloe oil in it just in case we're out at night. I also don't really love for there to be a thousand things floating around in a bag, so I like that I can put them in this bag and my bag stays organized. Plus, just in case one of them leaks, it won't get all over everything else. I also keep a dry onesie and a little swim cover-up in this bag. I always need to have dry clothes after the pool since Henley isn't potty trained yet. The cover-up is a hand-me-down from Janie and Jack and I think it's just the cutest. The onesie is from Carter's and I love that they are little tank tops. 


Here's a closer look at our bug spray. I picked them up at Target the summer after Henley was born and love them. Both the kids and adult one smell great! I hate using bug spray and feeling like I smell bad the rest of the night. Plus, they don't leave you greasy feeling either. Ben grabbed the aloe oil while we were in Hawaii and it has worked great to keep Henley's skin soft and refreshed after being out in the sun. I think I am going to start using it as well because everyone says it helps with mosquito bites, and I am a magnet for them. 


This little bag rotates between my swim bag and my purse often. I call this my "essentials" bag. There is always a baby sunscreen tube and face stick in it. I often have to break out the sunscreen when Henley and I are at the park. I love the stick for myself as well. I also have bandaids, eye drops (Ben needs them all the time and they're great for the lake), waterproof mascara (I love mascara), Advil, and lots of chapstick. I love Baby Lips and Ben loves the chapstick with sunscreen. Henley constantly gets out the cherry chapstick too! 



This is our wet bag. I grabbed it at Buy Buy Baby before we went to Hawaii. I keep diapers, swim diapers, wipes, my wet brush, hair ties, headbands and face wipes in it. All things in our wet bag have  been used a lot this summer. We have run to the pool or the lake a couple of times spontaneously and I am so glad I have had makeup wipes for my mascara-streaked face. Also, I just do not have that awesome post lake/pool hair. After I surf on the lake I always need the wet brush so I'm not in tears at the end of the day trying to brush out my hair. 



These are currently our sunscreens of choice. I cannot say enough amazing things about the Alba sunscreen. I just happened to grab it one day at TJ Maxx while I was shopping for Hawaii, and it was amazing. We were out in the sun for very long periods of time in Hawaii and not once did Henley ever even get pink. I also really like the face sunscreen for myself and Ben. It smells great and is not oily at all. 


These might be my two favorites in my bag! I love seeing Henley in a hat and she loves wearing one! Ben's mom grabbed the Nike waterproof hat for Hawaii and I ordered her floppy hat from Gymboree. They are both equally adorable! I always have on a baseball cap when I'm in the sun for long periods of time. It's actually always in the swim bag too, but I guess it is with my swimsuits at the moment. If I have my hat on, Henley is happy to have her hat on too! 



How cute is she?!?!


Last, but not least, I always have more wet bags and Henley's flip flops in our bag. I can't stand throwing wet bathing suits in my bag and them getting everything else wet and nasty. The small wet bag came with a bathing suit I bought in Hawaii and the bigger one is from Buy Buy Baby. They are both great! The adorable flip flops are from TJ Maxx and Henley loves them! They are so easy to slip on and off and work great for the pool. 



And this is wear our bag hangs...right by the back door above our cabinet with our flip flops. It's in our laundry/mud room too which is quite convenient since there are always beach towels in the dryer for us to grab and go. 



Couldn't leave you without showing who loves this spot the most! She is definitely a shoe girl! 

What's in your pool bag? How do you make things easier for when you head to the pool?











No comments:

Post a Comment