Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Stranded: Footwear



GET EXCITED!! Today is another edition of STRANDED! 

I love thinking about these hypothetical scenarios, and how could you not love today's topic: FOOTWEAR! 

If you were stranded on a deserted island and could only take 3 pieces of footwear, what would they be?

This one is pretty much a no-brainer for me. Growing up, I had all sorts of shoes. My mom is definitely a shoe girl, so we all had lots and lots of shoes. Once I started spending my own money, shoes were always the last thing that I thought about for some reason. I still love shoes, but I try to buy pairs that I can pretty much wear with everything, so I don't need a closet full. While I love shoes, I somehow always end up spending my money elsewhere. Don't worry mom, you definitely passed down your love of shoes to Henley! She cannot get enough of shoes! 




My tennis shoes - I actually just bought this pair at the end of last week, but in general, my tennis shoes are rarely ever off of my feet. I sport these on a daily basis and I am loving this new pair. I will obviously need this on the island because I'll have nothing but time on my hands. When I have nothing but time on my hands, I tend to fill it with exercise. I'm sure I'll be running, jumping, using coconuts so I can lift weights, etc. Or, I might use them to build a hut or a raft to get me home! 


These babies are my go-to shoes for the summer. My sweet father-in-law and husband bought them for me 3 or 4 years ago before we headed to the Cayman Islands. They both requested that I wear something other than my beloved Rainbows at the time with my nice clothes! Whoops! I can't say that I would have ever pulled the trigger on purchasing these for myself, but thankfully they did. They go with absolutely everything, and I wear them pretty much every time I put on real clothes during the summer/spring. If you're wondering for yourself whether or not they're worth the price tag, the answer is absolutely! 


Now these are shoes that I don't actually have, but are on my wish list. I figure that 1. didn't uggs start in Australia, so I'm sure I need them on an island?! and 2. these are just so cozy and make me happy, and I will need some cozy and happy on a deserted island. I'm sure the evenings and mornings are chilly, so they would be fabulous! 


What is your MUST-HAVE footwear? 


I can't wait for the next stranded link-up with Shay and Erika





No comments:

Post a Comment