Monday, August 1, 2016

Weekend Recap

I would venture to say that this weekend was pretty darn perfect! It's always a good one when you forget what day it is and can't remember ever looking at your watch. I enjoyed every moment of this weekend!! 

Friday

Ben and I started out the morning early and on a good note with a killer Insanity workout at his request. Good grief, those never get easier! After cooling off, publishing a blog post, eating breakfast, and packing our bags, Henley and I loaded up the car and hit the road. Our first stop was to ship for Ben's mom, and then we headed to the farm! 

Henley and I were just going to visit my parents and nieces and nephews since they were staying for the weekend, but Ben was playing golf on Friday and had a skeet shoot early Saturday morning, so we decided to spend the night. I'm so glad we did! 


Right when we got there we ate lunch with everyone before we headed out to the pool. Annie and Charlotte were the swimmers in the group. They had a blast playing games in the pool while I kicked the soccer ball with Henry, and Henley found her new favorite spot on the swing. It's hard to mind the  heat when everyone is having so much fun outside! 





My mom was taking the girls to get their toes done at 3, so while Henry helped my dad dump these branches, I tried to put Henley down for a nap. "Tried" is the key word here. She fell asleep for about 30 minutes on the way to the farm, and apparently that was enough of a nap for her. I finally just laid her down in her crib when it was clear I would not be going to meet the girls for pedicures, and she just talked and talked and talked for about an hour. 

Once my Papaw got there, I decided I would get her out and we would just see how the rest of the day went. It turned out fabulous! We sat and talked with my Papaw, ate a snack and then once the girls got back and Henry woke up, it was outside again for us! 

Of course, I didn't get any pictures or videos of it, but Henley is now obsessed with the trampoline! She would not even touch it the last time we were at the farm, but this time she would not get off. She is getting too big for me. She climbed up on it all by herself and even climbed up their play structure for the slide on her own. When did she grow up?! 

I swear, I must have lost about 10 pounds jumping on the trampoline! We all jumped for a while and then the girls got back in the pool while Henry asked me to chase him for a good 45 minutes! Henley loved every minute of just being on the trampoline and "hopping!" By dinner time, I was famished! We all ate dinner and then the kids enjoyed some homemade ice cream outside on their picnic table. 


It melted pretty fast, so the kids were drinking it out of their bowls and Henry had the cutest mustache! Note: Henley in the background with my shoes. She was way too busy trying on shoes to enjoy her ice cream! 

My dad grabbed Henley to take the mule back to the shed, but no one wanted to miss out and he ended up with a mule full of kids! 


Once all the "toys" were put up, Henley and I headed inside for a shower while everyone else played a game of spoons. Afterwards, the kids piled in my parents bed and watched an episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse before it was bedtime. Henley went down in about 2 minutes and I wasn't far behind her. Of course, I had to get my homemade ice cream first! 

Saturday

For once, Henley and I were the last ones up on Saturday morning! I woke up to the kids watching cartoons and my parents making breakfast. Now, that's the life! We all ate breakfast together and I enjoyed some time reading my book while we waited for Henley to wake up. She was wore out from our day on Friday. She finally woke up around 9:30, and all the kids were so excited to get her up. I fed her pancakes and then we all got ready for the day. 

We had big morning plans to go back to Walmart and get the kids some shoes. Can we just talk about the Walmart kids shoes for a second? No, I can't say that Walmart is my favorite place, but I am so impressed with their kids shoes, especially the prices. Lets be honest, shoes don't get worn for very long with kids, but they do get wore out. I am happy to pay $11 for cute tennis shoes that my child will only wear for a couple of months. 

My mom wanted to buy the kids some "back to school" shoes, and we enjoyed our time in Walmart with these crazy kids! 



We picked up lunch food too and headed back to the farm for more fun. The kids were hanging out inside for a while, so I offered to take everyone for a mule ride. Only Henley and Henry wanted to go, so we decided to make it a "berry picking" trip! Henry had talked about picking berries all weekend, so we got him a bowl and headed out to the berry bush! 



How cute are they?! They had a blast! Henley loves being on the "moole" and so does Henry. I picked berries until they both said they were too hot, and then we rode around the land for a little while before heading back to the nice cool house. 



After a while, all the kids were hungry, so we all took the mule back out to go tell my dad that it was time for lunch! Ben showed up while we were all eating and the kids were thrilled! After the kids finished, they wanted to go back outside, so the girls put their bathing suits on and swam while, Henley and I jumped on the trampoline some more. Henry took an early nap because they were going to the movie later that afternoon. 

Ben and I headed home around 3 to make sure Henley could get a good nap and let everyone else get ready for the movie. We had a blast at the farm! 

Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures of our evening, but it was a good one too! After Henley's nap and loads and loads of laundry for me, Ben and I dropped Henley off at his parent's and headed out for a date night with our best friends. 


Have I mentioned that I love the Denton square?! If I haven't, I do! We ate at a fun new restaurant, Barley and Board and then walked to East Side, a really neat bar. It was great to enjoy an adult night and kid-free conversation. We had a wonderful time and really need to make more time for nights like that. 

Sunday 

I love Sunday mornings! Henley sleeps in now, so we can't go to the early service at church. We get a good, slow morning before getting ready for the 11 o'clock service and I love it! 

I made eggs and biscuits for everyone, worked on planning out the week and then we all got ready for church. 

We didn't get a picture with Ben because he spent the better part of the day trying to find his keys. What am I gonna do with him?!

After church, Ben had to do some things for work, so Henley and I ate a quick lunch before I put her down for an early nap. I cleaned up the house and unpacked bags before getting ready again for a friend's wedding. 

We were out the door again by 3:45 and headed to Van Alstyn. One of the girls in my Bible study was getting married and even though it was about an hour away, I was not going to miss it! 

The wedding and venue were beautiful and I so enjoyed getting to catch up with some ladies from my group. Ben was mostly on Henley duty, and she was wired! There were some trees with shade and lots of activities outside for the kids, so we eventually took her out there to burn off some energy. She had a blast! 


Don't mind my unladylikeness! 


We stayed until about 7:45 before hitting the road again for home. Henley did great in the car and I got to read my book, so we were all happy. We stopped for an ice cream cone on the way home and Henley and I enjoyed sharing it on the couch before bed. 

Y'all, I cannot believe how fast she is growing up! I love weekends like this, because not only do I get to spend time with my family, but I get to really sit back and enjoy everyone, especially Henley. She is so fun right now, and I love seeing her in new environments and with her grandparents and cousins. She is just the best! I don't know if I've said this before, but being an aunt is also the best! I will always take full advantage of any time I get to spend with my nieces and nephews! 

I hope you had a fabulous weekend as well and that you have a wonderful week ahead of you! 

What was your favorite part about your weekend?









No comments:

Post a Comment